BRAVE (Breathwork Recalibration And Veteran Empowerment)
Space is limited! Registration closes by June 30th.
This August, join our Veteran’s PATH team for an exclusive 5-day meditation wilderness retreat filled with fun, laughter, creative expression, physical activity, and quiet time for self-reflection. Whether you’ve been practicing mindfulness and meditation for a while or this is new to you, our Program Facilitators will guide you through the process. By coming together with other veterans, in a safe and beautiful wilderness setting, you will have dedicated time and peer support to focus on the personal changes needed for you to move forward from your military service into the post-military life that you are envisioning and want to create for yourself.
Spots are limited to provide space for connection, intimacy and conversation. Registration requires a commitment to monthly individual and small group virtual meetings for three months following the initial retreat and a commitment to rejoin the group in-person on November 4-6.
Attendees will be trained to:
- Calibrate Your Internal Compass
- Activate Deep Recovery
- Recognize & Release Stress in the Body
- Reclaim Your Brave
Rooms are double occupancy (4 nights)
There are 12 meals provided (Monday supper through Friday lunch)
IMPORTANT: We will contact you after your initial registration with a questionnaire that will allow you to detail any dietary, accessibility, allergy, medical, or personal needs so that we can better prepare for a safe and comfortable stay.
Sponsored by: The Wounded Warrior Project
Start date: August 15, 2022
End date: August 19, 2022
Time: 12:00 PM MST
Duration: 5-day initial retreat, with 12 weeks of facilitator support and peer connections, and 3-day closing retreat November 4-6, 2022.
Sessions: During the 12-week period between retreats, facilitators meet virtually once a month with participants and they facilitate a small group meeting once a month.
Bear Trap Ranch
8655 Old Stage Road
Colorado Springs, CO 80906
Please contact us with any further questions or concerns.
- This year’s BRAVE Women Veterans Retreat is sponsored by The Wounded Warrior Project and is open to all post 9/11 women veterans. There is limited space available and priority will be given to veterans affiliated with The Wounded Warrior Project, Mt. Carmel Veterans Service Center, and veterans living in or near Colorado Springs, Colorado. Special priority will also be given to veterans who are in transition or are recently transitioned, from the military.
- The retreat is free of charge, but we do not have funds to pay for transportation to and from the retreat location. We will connect participants with each other for ride-sharing.
- 20% of the spaces will be saved for women veterans who have attended other Veteran’s PATH retreats so that new attendees can benefit from the shared experience of their peers who are familiar with mindfulness and sensory awareness practices.
- Registration opens on March 21st. We will confirm your place in the retreat beginning June 1st. If you are new to Veteran’s PATH, one of the facilitators of the retreat will be calling you for a telephone interview after you have completed the application.
- Please be very certain that you are able to attend. Late cancellations mean another veteran may not be able to attend. When you sign up for a spot you are making an important commitment to yourself, and to other veterans.
- We will maintain a waitlist, in case there are last-minute emergency cancellations. If you would like to be on the waitlist, please check “Yes” on the application question that refers to this question.
- It is important to note that BRAVE women veteran retreats are not therapy. There are no accommodations for caregivers, nor are the staff, facilitators, or prior participants professional healthcare providers.